[EM] Coombs method and typical RCV hybrid

culitif at tuta.io culitif at tuta.io
Sat Jan 22 12:40:52 PST 2022

(I accidentally Replied only to Daniel and not the mailing list so I'm resending this)

Hey Daniel,

Haha yes, I am well aware of the importance of Condorcet methods and have studied them pretty well. I certainly plan on adding those eventually, but mostly I'm interested in this as an educational tool. It's very much a proof of concept and most of the work that went into it so far has just been on improving the presentation and optimizing the performance.

I would like to add Ranked Pairs and similarly complex Condorcet methods at some point, but I might need to ask for help with the logic behind those as they can be notoriously difficult to optimize.

Thanks for your suggestion of the River method. I haven't actually given it much of a look before. I'd suggest we make a poll to see which methods people think would be most important to add to the site, but I have a feeling we'd end up stuck arguing about how to conduct that poll before ever actually doing the poll :P

I appreciate you showing interest in the work so far though. It makes me want to continue with the project. I just purchased the domain votevote.page <http://votevote.page> so hopefully it can have a proper home soon!

Best,
Culi

Jan 22, 2022, 12:19 PM by dcarrera at gmail.com: