[EM] Coombs method and typical RCV hybrid

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Sat Jan 22 11:55:52 PST 2022

Why not have a couple if Condorcet-consistent options?Powered by Cricket Wireless------ Original message------From: culitif at tuta.ioDate: Sat, Jan 22, 2022 2:24 PMTo: election-methods at lists.electorama.com;Cc: Subject:[EM] Coombs method and typical RCV hybrid
Hello all,I'm Culi, I'm a recent subscriber. Took a social choice theory in college and have wanted to make visualizations for electoral methods ever since. I recently finally got some time to create something like that! It's basically a tool that compares the outcome of an election in RCV, Coomb's RCV, and a third method which I have yet to find out the name of (I'd appreciate help with it). It's all explained more on the site, but basically it tries to take into account both first-choice and last-choice picks into deciding which candidate to drop every round. I'd love to someday expand the tool to show how a number of other single-winner electoral methods would result in the same election. I built a similar tool a while ago in Python but never got to deploy it. I only got so far as to simulate the election in FPTP, RCV, Borda Count, Coombs, Copeland, Quadratic Voting, and Contingent Vote. Now that I have web development skills I'd love to rebuild it and make it into an education
 al tool to let people compare different voting systems. I'd also love some day to code out some of the electoral methods discussed here on this mailing list! Anyways, here's what the site currently looks like (I'll have a better url later I promise). I'd love any feedback and suggestions for the name of the third voting method:https://elegant-shaw-2cb49a.netlify.app/votevoteBest,Culi.