[EM] Ranked Robin

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 16:51:48 PST 2022

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 4:32 PM Forest Simmons <forest.simmons21 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Better yet use de-cloned Copeland, which has a statistically negligible
> chance of ties.
>
> The offensive score of candidate X is the sum of last place votes of the
> candidates pairwise defeated by X.
>
> The defensive score of candidate X is the sum of first place votes of the
> candidates that pairwise defeat .
>
> In the unlikely case that the offensive and defensive champions are are
> not the same, elect the pairwise winner of the two.

I'm not familiar with de-cloned Copeland. I think I'm seriously
misunderstanding how it works... So... X's offensive score is the sum of
the total number of ballots that favor the OTHER candidate?

6 votes: A>B
5 votes: B>A

A beats B, 6 vs 5. So... the last place votes is 5... and B is defeated by
A... so A's offensive score is 5? ???  I must have misunderstood.
--
Dr. Daniel Carrera
Postdoctoral Research Associate