[EM] "we only get one shot" (Re: RCV Challenge)

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Thu Jan 6 12:26:44 PST 2022

In the SS Stevens scales of measurement, the classificatory scale is
less precise than the ordinal scale. So, in my view, it is better to
have ranked choice or preference votes than classes of votes. (I take it
that approval voting uses the latter.)

Binomial stv is a transferable vote (unlike approval voting, I believe).
Indeed binomial stv is a transferable vote of unpreference (its
exclusion count) as well as of preference (the traditional stv election).

Regards,

Rchard Lung.