[EM] "we only get one shot" (Re: RCV Challenge)

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Thu Jan 6 12:14:04 PST 2022

Thank you, nothing to do with Mr Coombs.

Binomial stv is monotonic: it gives well behaved results. Switching
votes to a candidate can not perversely help lose them the election.
Because, the candidates keep values are re-calculated accordingly.

Switching the quota from Hare to Droop etc does not change the order of
merit of the candidates (tho technically it changes their electibility).

There is no premature exclusion (or election) of candidates. The result
depends on their over-all keep values, after all the preferences have
been counted forward (electively) and backward (exclusively).

Regards,

Richard Lung.