[EM] “Monotonic” Binomial STV

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 27 17:23:40 PST 2022

Hi Richard,

>  hello again Kevin,
>
> I consider equal preferences to be "illections" defined by the
> multi-nomial theorem, rather than "elections"; maybe a suitable task for
> future generations, but not this old man.
>
>  "Truncation" I seem to recall has something to do with iteration
> methods, not my subject.

Truncation is when the voter doesn't rank all the candidates. They list some
preferred choice(s) and then stop. It seemed likely that your method doesn't allow
voters to do that, so I had to prohibit it for all methods in order to make a plot.

Equal ranking is e.g. when the voter has more than one favorite with no ordering
between them. It can be useful to support this because, if done right, it may be
possible to guarantee to the voter that they can safely rank their favorite
candidate no lower than tied for first.

Equal ranking wasn't allowed for my plot, either.

Kevin