[EM] STV question (was: re: Hare clustering)

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Fri Feb 11 07:09:58 PST 2022

I don't think this quite works. Suppose that there are 6 seats and that
2/3 of the voters are concentrated at a point X with 1/3 at Y. The best
result is to elect 4 candidates at X and 2 at Y, but neither my metric
nor yours cares what the balance is between candidates elected at the
two points (assuming that 'their representatives' means 'their closest
representatives').

Maybe it's not so easy.

CJC