[EM] So I got an email... / IIA

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 17:42:36 PDT 2022

Kevin's suggestion's simplicity may make it the best choice in this context
the method where
each candidate's score is that candidate's first preferences minus the
first preferences of the candidate who beats that candidate and has the
most first preferences.

I suggest the rewording

Elect the the candidate whose top preference count most greatly exceeds
(when greater) or most nearly equals (when smaller) the greatest top
preference count of any candidate defeating it pairwise.

In other words, compare the number fX of first place preferences of
candidate X, and the greatest number fY of first place preferences of any
candidate Y among those defeating X pairwise. Elect the candidate X with
the most favorable comparison between fX and fY.

-Forest