[EM] Universal Domain

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sun Sep 12 04:53:44 PDT 2021

Dear All,

Dare I say it, it's true anyway, FAB STV can and does differentiate the "two stances" approved and disapproved, "using relative rankings only."
FAB STV ballot looks like any other preference vote. But a last preference counts just as much against a candidate, as a first preference counts for a candidate -- and so on, relatively speaking.
FAB STV has the same or symmetric counts for election and exclusion. They are combined to give an overall result, in terms of keep values -- an extension of the Meek method practise.

FAB STV doesnt require all preferences to be given. Blank preferences count towards a  NOTA quota, an unfilled seat. In the unlikely event of your just wanting to exclude a candidate, a last preference, leaving the rest blank, would count as much as a first preference, the other way.

Regards,
Richard Lung.