[EM] MJ Symmetrized ... special cases

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 20:28:27 PDT 2021

The special cases of 3, 7, 15, 31, or 2^k-1 categories can be handled mucch
more succintly:

WHILE more than one category remains ... [i.e. while 3, 7, ... or 2^k-1
categories remain]...
IF more than half of the judgments are better than the middle remaining
category or more than half are worse than the middle remaining category..
THEN ...
     ... move the remaining middle category judgments and those from the
minority side of the remaining middle category to the majority side
category that they are nearest to....
AND  apply this method recursively to the remaining categoties.
ELSE ...move all  judgments to the middle category among those remaining.
EndWhile

After execution of the above procedure the one remaining category is the MJ
category.