[EM] Schrodinger's Candidate

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Thu Oct 14 21:40:40 PDT 2021

Schrodingers candidates would be a fanciful way of describing Binomial STV or FAB STV, because the candidates are in a superposition of election and exclusion, during the binomial count. The candidates might be both elected and excluded till an over-all count is reached by averaging the two counts.
Whether there is a deeper mathematical analogy is another question. The basic average used in Binomial STV is the geometric mean, which is an acceleration average, not a velocity average, like the arithmetic mean. (The Arithmetic Mesn is one of the four averages in FAB STV, tho.) Wave functions have an acceleration component, so it might be possible to transform the geometric mean into a wave function. -- I have not attempted this!

Sincerely,
Richard Lung.