[EM] Improved TACC (Total Approval Chain Climbing)

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 17:10:49 PST 2021

I need to simplify this definition so that incessant (& annoying)
references to forms of the word "survivor" are not needed... let's see if a
recursive definition might help:

The input to this method M consists of an agenda A of alternatives in
approval order along with a table T of their pairwise win/loss/tie
relationships. The output M(A,T) of the method will be some alternative Y
from the agenda A.

1. Identify the alternative X closest to the good (high approval) end of
the agenda that covers every worse (lower approval) alternative on the
agenda.

2. Eradicate from both the agenda A and from the win/loss/tie table T  ...
every alternative (including X) that does not beat X pairwise.

3. IF this elimination step exhausts the agenda A, then set the output Y
equal to X.

4. ELSE  apply this method M recursively to elect Y= M(A, T).

Now (por favor) disregard the previous definition with all of its typos,
thinkos, y otros defectos!

Promised examples tomorrow!

-FWS