[EM] DH3 and honest Condorcet winners

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 09:05:32 PDT 2021

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 3:59 AM Kristofer Munsterhjelm <km_elmet at t-online.de>
wrote:

> But in practice, if you're aiming for a particular Condorcet method...
> any Condorcet is better than no Condorcet! (Well, pathological methods
> notwithstanding.)

I'm learning a lot from this discussion. Here's my question: do you count
Copeland as a pathological method? I quite liked Copeland when I first
learned about it but I quickly realized that it frequently produces times,
and then later I learned about the clones issue. I think Copeland
(especially if there's a runoff to resolve ties) is probably superior to
any non-Condorcet method I've heard of including STAR and approval, but I'd
like to to hear from someone that understands voting methods better than I
do.

Cheers,
Daniel