[EM] Which branch of mathematics does voting theory belong to?

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Fri Dec 3 01:46:00 PST 2021

I should have mentioned the Borda/Condorcet/Young school, which used a
jury model instead of a spatial model. Its central result is the
optimality of certain voting methods, including (in a limiting case) the
Borda count. The constructive methodology is maximum likelihood
estimation. Is this any more than a poor man's Bayesian decision theory?

CJC