[EM] Agenda Based Banks

Susan Simmons suzerainsimmons at outlook.com
Wed Aug 4 11:21:29 PDT 2021

Right ... we need strong mono-raise ... when I said Plurality for setting the agenda, I was actually thinking of Equal Top Approval, where the approval cutoff (virtual candidate) is positioned immediately below equal top.

There's a superficial similarity, but a subtle (and crucial) difference, especially in the context of monotonicity.

Mono-raise of X from below to above the approval cutoff is not supposed to knock some other candidate Y from above to below the approval cutoff, for example.

You wrote..
> in general, it seems that in a three-cycle, ABB elects the candidate who
beats the winner of the base method pairwise.

True, as long as "winner" means least promising ... as in least approval, for example.

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G LTE Android Device