[EM] ART Single Winner Method

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 8 16:37:12 PST 2020

I'm not sure what you have in mind there. The fact that the 2/3s only differ in effect for the "second phase" (the pairwise contest) is practically the source of the issue I would say. If one attempts the nomination strategy, the goal is to grab both finalist positions, before the distinction between 2/3 makes any difference. If the distinction mattered earlier, in some way, perhaps it could be made impossible for the same voters to select both finalists.

I do think as well, as it stands, that someone could give you some grief that a candidate who uniquely possesses "3" ratings from more than half the voters could theoretically fail to be a finalist. (Like if voters give out "2" ratings generously.)

Kevin