[EM] (3) Best Single-Winner Method

C.Benham cbenham at adam.com.au
Tue Jun 18 08:25:50 PDT 2019

I was going to type simply "Good question."

One of the major justifications MJ has is that it  (like Relevant
Ratings and IBIFA and Bucklin and Approval)
meets the Favorite Betrayal Criterion (aka FBC) which isn't compatible
with Condorcet.

In other words, MJ's  (main) excuse for failing Condorcet is that it
meets FBC.

But when you add a 2-candidate runoff you always have a possible
Push-over incentive and so no
compliance with FBC.

And so the whole thing becomes a weird method that meets Condorcet but
probably fails Smith.

Chris Benham

On 18/06/2019 2:54 pm, Ted Stern wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 17, 2019, 18:51 robert bristow-johnson
> <rbj at audioimagination.com <mailto:rbj at audioimagination.com>> wrote:

---
https://www.avg.com