[EM] Consensus and PR methods

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 08:46:07 PST 2018

Few, but more than 2. Harmful equilibria are stable with 2 parties; never
stable for long with 3 or more.

And those who don't like any of the viable options (whether there are 2 or
3 or 10) should be able to vote in a way that reflects that, without
necessarily having their votes ignored. That means any good voting method
should allow cross-party voting and/or transfers somehow.