[EM] Searching for references

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Thu Feb 22 16:56:03 PST 2018

Hello,
Looked at the 6 single-winner methods, given by Kristofer. It's similar
to the 5 methods given in Beyond Numeracy by von Paulos. Except that
Approval Voting is added. Most ingenious, except Approval Voting and
range Voting (not one of the 6 methods) are inefficient because the
votes count against each other and don't specify order of importance.
The other methods more or less inefficient by degree of ranking
information the method offers. That is the real issue behind the puzzle.
Not a puzzle at all really, just different degrees of information, in
different methods producing different results. It mystifies me why
intelligent people like von Paulos or the social choice theory industry
should believe this puzzle demonstrates an "Impossibility" theorem.
The joke of it is that in the von Paulos case, if you weight the
Condorcet pairing, this gives accurate enough information to agree with
Borda method, the two most informative methods. I presume weighted
Condorcet is the Kenemy method. I just followed good statistical
practise of weighting data suitably. So much for "Impossibility" theorem!

Apologies for sel-advertising but hope shortly to publish a method that
works equally for single vacancies and multiple vacancies. I mentioned
it in a recent post to Jameson Quin. It is much too information-rich for
the usual illogicalities associated with premature exclusion of
candidates, the source of the 5 different winners mischief.

Thankyou for saying once that you agreed with me. It may have been on
this very issue, mentioned in the past.
Yours sincerely,
Richard Lung.