[EM] New Algorithm draw Districts as Voronoi.

walabio at macosx.com walabio at macosx.com
Sun Nov 12 16:28:03 PST 2017

	⸘Howdy‽

	http://phys.org/news/2017-11-algorithm-combat-gerrymandering.html

	I remember a few years ago on the list for RangeVoting, we did an
analysis of Voronoi versus SplitLine.  We found that Voronoi is too
compact:

	Assuming that we are stupid enough to use plurality, thus subject to
DuVerger's Law, Voronoi tends to generate districts with a
60%/40%-party-balance.  That means that electability means nothing, so
one ends up with extreme partisanship.  SplitLine generates districts
with a balance of 45%/55% so that electability is importants, so that
politicians are willing to actually govern instead of obstruct at best,
or try to create communist states if they are on the left or fascist
states if they are on the right at worst.

	¡Peace!

--

	“⸘Ŭalabio‽” <Walabio at MacOSX.Com>

Skype:
	Walabio

An IntactWiki:
	http://intactwiki.org

	“You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your
own facts.”
	——
	Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan