[EM] Election-method reform bill in U.S. Congress

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 18:47:13 PDT 2017

Here's the bill text as a google doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nfpFrGNXA8KJHw0Rd6YByyXyx2Gj_awi16apSUr9L0s/edit>
.

It requires all states to use "RCV" for the House, which means IRV for
single-seat states and STV in districts of up to 5 seats for multi-seat
states. It also spends over half of the bill defining and requiring
independent redistricting commissions, even though with PR the issue of
gerrymandering is far less serious.

Here's a draft of the bill which I've rewritten to use GOLD voting
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AWhaCWxG2TkvsASkbYt6Gf4NihvzCupcJL5cM9Qu9BQ/edit>
.