[EM] Election-method reform bill in U.S. Congress

Frank Martinez frankdmartinez at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 17:03:00 PDT 2017

There are two ways to raise awareness: a good way and a bad way. This bill
is a bad way because it gets low information Voters think RCV is a
significant improvement when it is nothing of the kind. In other words, it
takes well meaning Individuals and distorts Their world view.

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 19:51 VoteFair <electionmethods at votefair.org> wrote:

> A member of U.S. Congress has introduced a bill about election-method
> reform.  Below are the title and a link to the info about the bill.
>
> "H.R.3057 - To establish the use of ranked choice voting in elections
> for Representatives in Congress, to require each State with more than
> one Representative to establish multi-member Congressional districts, to
> require States to conduct Congressional redistricting through
> independent commissions, and for other purposes."
>
> https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3057
>
> The FairVote folks have been involved in writing the bill, so of course
> it uses flawed mathematics.
>
> Of course there is zero chance that it could pass, but at least it's
> helping to increase awareness that there are other ways to vote.
>
> I don't have time to do anything with this information, but maybe
> someone else here will find this info useful.
>
> Richard Fobes
> ("VoteFair" not FairVote)
> ----

P.S.: I prefer to be reached on BitMessage at
BM-2D8txNiU7b84d2tgqvJQdgBog6A69oDAx6