[EM] hmmm. Maybe I missed something before SF passed IRV then called it RCV?

fdpk69p6uq at snkmail.com fdpk69p6uq at snkmail.com
Sun Jul 2 08:52:08 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Ken B wrote:

> [KB]  If the central election office has only precinct subtotals but
> doesn't have every ballot (and its rankings), how would it run a recount?

Doesn't "recount" mean "every district recounts their ballots and
re-submits their totals"?  The ballots aren't thrown away after the tables
are made.

(This is a benefit of SRV/STAR, also.  Since it's a hybrid range/ranked
system, you only need to submit a total score tally and a Condorcet "who
beat who" table from each district, instead of sending all the ballots.
http://www.equal.vote/srvvsirv)