[EM] Democratic Electoral Methods

Jack Santucci jms346 at georgetown.edu
Mon Jan 9 10:32:57 PST 2017

Hi Fred,

The Gilens and Page study is compelling.

I am trying to account for the adoption, use, and repeal of PR in American
cities. In that project, I have found that partisanship and party
factionalism are useful frames for organizing facts.

Elsewhere I have found that partisanship explains outcomes in other
contexts (https://fruitsandvotes.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/
voter-choice-or-partisan-interest-the-case-of-ranked-choice-voting-in-maine/
).

I make no claims about whether this is good or bad.

Regards,
Jack

Jack Santucci
Ph.D. Candidate in Government