[EM] What is the goal of a "better" election method?

VoteFair electionmethods at votefair.org
Sun Jan 8 23:32:15 PST 2017

On 1/8/2017 6:49 PM, Sennet Williams wrote:
 > What is the goal  of a  "better" election method?

My answer:

Less corruption, which leads to greater economic prosperity for a far
greater number of people.  And when there is greater economic prosperity
in a region/nation/state/province, then lots of "political" problems
disappear.

Expressed conversely, corruption is when just some people are able to
get oversized slices of economic pie for themselves, which leaves
everyone else more aggressively competing for what remains of the
economic pie.

Another way to say this is that the goal of fairer elections is higher
levels of democracy, which lead to higher levels of economic prosperity.

Richard Fobes