[EM] Proportional multi-winner ranked voting methods - guidelines?

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Wed Feb 22 15:45:58 PST 2017

Don't understand your remark about STV, the name given by Thomas Hare,
who invented it for a single national constituency. (Tho Mill was
prepared to be flexible about this, when he moved "Mr Hare's system" of
Personal Representation in parliament.
The HG Wells formula is "Proportional representation by the single
transferable vote in large constituencies."

Agree with you about preference voting essential for fairness. Do you
have any good source for your assertion that the lack of it in European
party-proportional methods makes them especially vulnerable to moneied
influence?
You could say the same, for instance about the nuclear lobby in Britain
(tho not Scotland).

from Richard Lung.