[EM] "Wild Election Results Brought To You By Single-Mark Ballots" article at Democracy Chronicles
ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Tue Sep 27 14:44:07 PDT 2016
I just published an article about the U.S. Presidential election. Here
is the link:
The article humorously explains to non-math folks:
* Vote splitting
* Vote concentration
* Single-mark ballots
* Approval voting
* What future generations will use, namely 1-2-3 ballots and pairwise
* How we got the first, and last, black president
* Why Obama won re-election
* Why George W. Bush won
* The full map of politics, including the up and down
* Why a single-mark ballot is not asking for your first choice
* Why it's OK to lie when you tell people how you marked your
* And more
If you are on Twitter, here is a link to my Twitter page, which should
show the relevant tweet at the top. Please re-tweet! Thanks!!
Please feel free to convey feedback either here, or on Twitter, or at
Democracy Chronicles (in that order for how often I'll check for comments).
As I see it, this is an excellent opportunity to educate lots of people,
especially in the U.S., about the need for election-method reform.
And an opportunity for the rest of the world to understand what the heck
is going on in the U.S. presidential election.
More information about the Election-Methods