[EM] Second order proportional representation.

VoteFair ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Thu Sep 15 20:52:12 PDT 2016

On 9/14/2016 1:06 PM, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:
 > I just read about an interesting idea in this vein by Brams. First you
 > pick your legislature (using whatever method), then once a majority of
 > the parties decide to form a government, the parties sequentially claim
 > ministries according to an order given by a divisor method.

Here is yet another approach:

http://www.negotiationtool.com/cabinetministers.html

The MPs (members of parliament) rank their preferences for possible
cabinet members, and then a variation of VoteFair ranking calculations
fills the cabinet positions.

It mostly uses the algorithms explained at VoteFair.org
(http://www.votefair.org/calculation_details.html).  Of course a few
modifications are needed.

Have questions?  Please ask.  But be patient because I'm writing a
time-sensitive election article that I will announce later.

Richard Fobes