[EM] Fwd: (3) MJ -- The easiest method to 'tolerate'

C.Benham cbenham at adam.com.au
Wed Sep 7 05:17:47 PDT 2016

3: A
20: A>B
25: B>A
3: B
20: C>B
29: C

C > B  49-48,   C > A 49-48,   B > A 48-23.

Top Ratings scores:   C 49,   B 28,   A 23

Approval scores:      B 68,   C 49,   A 48.

On 9/7/2016 7:09 AM, Jameson Quinn wrote:
> IBIFA elects C. U/P elects B. It's clear to me that B is better. The 3
> A-only voters are likely attempting a chicken strategy.

C: C is the clearly voted Condorcet winner and by far the most top-rated
candidate. The suggestion that "B is better" because of
some guess that 3 truncators are "likely" attempting some strategy is
absurd.

The best we can reasonably do about chicken strategy is just prevent (or
reduce the likelihood of) it from succeeding. If the 3 A voters' were
attempting a
"chicken" (defection) strategy against B, then  electing C means it failed.

BTW, if we weaken all the candidates by 3 plumping votes each, thus:

20: A>B
25: B>A
20: C>B
26: C

then the U/P winner would change from B to C.

Chris Benham