[EM] (3) MJ -- The easiest method to 'tolerate'

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Sep 4 11:09:40 PDT 2016

Hi Fred,

I think that the systems are not causing this. Rather voters and the political actors change every
system they encounter into the same genre of thing. Non-politicized roles seem to exist only where
there is no real power or no controversy about how to use it. We design systems for the worst case
scenario because the worst case scenario is what we see everywhere.

If you "let" voters collaborate I think they will just decline to do so. But can we "force" them
to behave differently? I.e. give them incentives to act as though they are collaborating? I think
that would be an interesting topic.

Kevin