[EM] SARA and a center squeeze scenario pair

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 12:47:02 PDT 2016

The tld̦r (too long, didn't read; that is, summary) on my previous message
is:

In SARA, in a center squeeze situation where the sympathies of the center
group aren't obvious, the strategic equilibrium is for the center group to
win through "accept" votes from the two wings. This works even if voters
only strategize against their third choice, not their second. This latter
characteristic does not hold for most other voting systems, even really
good ones like ICT or MAM.