[EM] [CES #15028] Re: More on MAS (version 3.0)

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 15:01:03 PDT 2016

> It would help to have a column for "Total 1-votes" also.

Yes, but I couldn't fit more columns in my email (obviously, it depends
what reader you use).

I didn't say what the weakened Frohnmayer balance that it passes is. Here
goes: *for any given election outcome*, and for any given ballot X, there
is a ballot anti-X such that if you add both X and anti-X, the outcome
order is preserved. (This differs from standard Frohnmayer balance in the
underlined part. But basically the only part of the election outcome that
matters is the list of which candidates are eliminated.)

I am pretty satisfied with this rule. It's summable; it works for
reasonable chicken-dilemma and center-squeeze scenarios; it can be stated
in one sentence, and has some intuitive appeal. So I think that MAS 3.2
will probably become MAS 4.0, that is, canonical MAS. Going once.... (that
is, once I say this two more times, it will be definitive.)