[EM] MUMA with runoffs?

VoteFair ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Mon Oct 3 10:22:50 PDT 2016

On 10/3/2016 12:19 AM, Juho Laatu wrote:
 > In many places money appears to be one critical factor in getting
 > someone elected. My preference is to reduce the influence of money.

If we used better ballots and better counting methods then money would
have far less influence.

Currently money is used to take advantage of the limitations of
single-mark ballots (& plurality counting).  I describe the
vote-splitting and vote-concentration tactics in this recent humorous
article:

   https://democracychronicles.com/wild-election/

Better election methods do not have those vulnerabilities.  So, those
currently-very-effective money-based tactics will not be useful when we
stop using single-mark ballots.

As Sanders and Trump have demonstrated, the cost of media is not a big
barrier when the candidate is either reform-minded or able to pretend to
be reform-minded.

Richard Fobes