[EM] Ranked Pairs "satisfies Independence of Irrelevant Alternatives", says Electowiki

C.Benham cbenham at adam.com.au
Wed Nov 16 08:22:38 PST 2016

Maximize Affirmed Majorities (MAM)  is  another name for Ranked Pairs
(Winning Votes).

Neither it or any other version Ranked Pairs  or any other Condorcet
method meets Independence of Irrelevant Alternatives.

Perhaps the Electowiki author confused it with "Local Independence of
Irrelevant Alternatives".

Chris Benham

http://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Independence_of_irrelevant_alternatives

http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~seppley/