[EM] Small National Assembly. Bottom-Up government.

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Mon Nov 14 09:18:02 PST 2016

Good Morning, Michael

Thank you for your suggestion that we adopt a bottom-up political
process.  It's timely.  The fallacy of letting political parties tell us
who we can vote for was clearly illustrated in the recent election in
the United States.

You point out that "Bottom-Up is the easy, natural, locally- organizable
system."  I agree.

It is, however, different than anything we're used to and that makes it
difficult for many people to accept.  The fact that you recognize its
value and call attention to it will help others see the wisdom of a
process that lets everyone participate in selecting our representatives.

You ask whether it's "worth giving up numerical majority-preservation at
the national level to achieve those advantages."  It will also work at
the local level.  It is worthwhile because numerical majorities are
heavily influenced by media manipulation.  They tend to be more
emotional than intellectual.  Your bottom-up proposal lets the people
make more thoughtful choices.

I hope others will help hone your suggestion.  It is certainly worth
examining.

Fred Gohlke