[EM] XA

Monkey Puzzle araucaria.araucana at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:17:07 PST 2016

Thanks for the feedback on mono-add-plump.

Thinking about the problem yesterday, I think that XA/CA/ATDT satisfies the
same kind of Weak Participation Criterion as Majority Judgment:

If candidate A wins under XA with a score of R, adding a ballot supporting
A with score >= R and all other candidates with scores < R will not cause A
to lose.

By definition of XA, no candidate with a score of R minus epsilon can get a
higher score if a ballot with a score of R - epsilon or lower is added to
to the total, because the new ballot's score caps the total.

The middle-score example posted by Jameson last week could not occur under
this restriction, I believe.

 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal