[EM] Clarification about favorite

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 12:25:23 PST 2016

I'd better clarify that I didn't mean that ER Bucklin is my favorite
method. I merely meant that the version of ER Bucklin that I described is
my favorite Bucklin version.

Favorite methods, in order of preference:

1. MDDTR
2. 3-Slot ICT
3. Approval
4. Score
5. ER Bucklin
6. Bucklin (B or A)

MDDTR & 3-slot ICT have the advantage of CD in addition to FBC.
Obviously, as pairwise-count methods, requiring a wordier definition, and
without any use-precedent, they aren't likely to be feasible for a proposal
of a 1st reform from Plurality.

So, for a 1st reform from Plurality, it's likely limited to:

1. Approval
2. Score
3. ER Bucklin
4. Bucklin (B or A)

Bucklin(B or A) allows the voter the option of voting an approval set or a
Plain Bucklin ranking. Plain Bucklin is what I call the Bucklin that allows
no skipping or equal-ranking.

Can anyone post a list of methods that meet both FBC & CD?

I guess it would include:

MDDTR

3-Slot ICT

MMPO (discarded because of "Hitler with 2 votes")

NEO (not shown to be implementable in large elections)

If any NEO is implementable in large elections, my first impression is that
NEO(combo) has a better chance than NEO(cohort), but I'm not even sure of
that.

Michael Ossipoff