[EM] Anti-defection strategy device for IBIFA

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:08:06 PDT 2016

You've mentioned that pushover-incentive spoils FBC. But I don't know of a
way that failure could happen with this method.

If I top-rate Compromise & Favorite, that couldn't be any worse for
Compromise than if I'd not top-rated Favorite...because top-ratings aren't
conditional.

FBC and CD--That's a strong combination.

And the addition of that natural conditional feature to Bucklin is briefer
& simpler to define than 3-Slot ICT. Probably suitable for a first
replacement of Plurality.

With both methods, if you middle-rate Compromise in 3-Slot ICT, or
conditionally approve Compromise in Conditional Bucklin, you aren't fully
protecting Compromise.

Compromise could lose to Worst because you aren't helping hir get a
top-majority in Conditional Bucklin.   ...or because you didn't protect hir
from truncation in 3-Slot ICT.

Neither has the amount of protection of a 2nd-rated (or 2nd-ranked)
candidate in MMPO largely because neither has wv-strategy. But, of course
MMPO would have little chance of acceptance....whereas Conditional Bucklin
could be a successful Bucklin proposal, due to the naturalness of the
conditional refinement.

Your objection to MMPO is of course a perfectly valid one. If people don't
bother to ensure that less-liked candidates have maximum possible pairwise
opposition, then Hitler could win because two people support him.

For hauling, a truck has advantages over a car, but there are various
special dangers & precautions for driving a truck, as opposed to a car.

It's a trade-off. I admit that the price for FBC, Weak CD, & wv-strategy is
high.

By the way, if there's a special "favorite-designation" on the ballot,
separate from the ratings, then even a top-rating could be made conditional
(upon the conditionally-top candidate having more favorite-designations
than your favorite-designated candidatge)

And, with that separate favorite-designation on the ballot, there could be
Conditional-Approval.

I notice that there are two e-mail addresses for EM. I'm sending this post
to both addresses. If it posts twice, I'll know that they both work.

.Michael Ossipoff