[EM] French Region uses Condorcet Voting

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Fri Jun 17 23:59:53 PDT 2016

Subject: Re: [EM] French Region uses Condorcet Voting

From: "Markus Schulze" <markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de>

Date: Sat, June 18, 2016 1:16 am

To: election-methods at lists.electorama.com

> > perhaps the *first* use of a Condorcet poll in

> > a governmental election.

> I would say: the *first* use of a Condorcet poll

> in a governmental election above municipal level.

cool !
what city governments have used Ranked-Choice Voting and a Condorcet-compliant tabulation of the ranked-order ballots?  i thought that all ranked-choice elections used either STV or, in the olden days, Bucklin.
i wish we, in Burlington VT, could have converted IRV
to Condorcet (either Tideman or yours, Markus) in 2010 instead of chucking the ranked-order ballot and reverting to the older method.  too bad.

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com