[EM] Panelists for KC, MO, ca. Aug 17-21?

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 09:17:02 PDT 2016

I will be attending MidAmeriCon II, the World Science Fiction Society's
"Worldcon" in Kansas City, Missouri, from August 17-21, in order to help
explain various proposals that have been put forward to fix the nomination
system for the Hugo awards to deal with the "rabid puppy" situation (a
group of strategic voters who have gained disproportionate representation
among the finalists for the last two years; google it for more info). I
have been offered time for a panel discussion on the future of democracy,
elections, and voting. Does anybody on these lists know anyone besides me
who would be good for such a panel? Anybody who's interested in these
issues, whether it's voting rights, abstract election systems, voting
technology, moderation or reputation systems in social networks, or
anything related, would be great. A certain amount of disagreement makes
for a more interesting panel, so I'm not looking for conformity and I'd
love people with less of a focus on abstract voting theory. Any suggestions
welcome; I'd be happy to do the follow-up myself.