[EM] Practical Democracy

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Sat Jan 30 08:24:07 PST 2016

Good Morning, Frank

Thank you for your kind thoughts.  The problem was serious enough, but
the correction was pretty straightforward - a pacemaker.

re: "The only concern I see at this moment about this approach
      is the fact it doesn't allow much time for vetting potential
      Representatives, even in the latter stages."

There are several things that affect the 'time for vetting':

* The intensity of the examination.  As the levels advance, the process
concentrates the individuals seeking advancement.  All members of the
triads are strongly motivated to 'vet' their opponents.  They will make
efficient use of their time and their examination of their competitors
will be 'up close and personal'.

* The free press.  This is not a closed process.  The media will dig up
and publicize information about the advancing individuals, particularly
in the later stages.  The way challenged candidates handle attacks will
give the people who make the decision more insight into the triad
member's character than voters can acquire in the spin-meister system we
currently endure.

* The random assignment of triad members.  Advancing candidates will
gain considerable experience in evaluating their competition because, at
each level, they will be grouped with strangers they must evaluate.
Those with the desire and ability to reach the higher levels will have
experience evaluating the other two people in their triad.

* The suggested length of triad lives is not cast in stone.  However,
several weeks (depending on the level) is not an inconsiderable length
of time for evaluating the other triad members.

* Perhaps the most important reason is that you (and many, many others
just like you - real people) will be making the decisions.  That is
something you have never had an opportunity to do.  Can you imagine what
your attitude will be when you can actually influence the choice of the
individuals who will represent you in your government?  It will be much
different than anything we've experienced in the past.

And, now, if I thought you had a sense of humor, I'd tell you the 'l' in
your "Tl;dr" could just as easily mean "lazy".

Awwww, go ahead.  Smile.  It don't cost nuttin'.

Fred Gohlke