[EM] Voting-System Choice for Polls (Just one more thing I want to say)

Markus Schulze markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Wed Dec 21 12:59:07 PST 2016

Hallo,

Michael Ossipoff wrote:

 > It couldn't get any more minimal & ideal than that.
 > MAM (unlike Beatpath, etc.) never unnecessarily
 > disregards a pairwise defeat (by electing someone
 > who has the defeat).

The problem with Mike Ossipoff's argumentation is
that he doesn't define the terms "necessarily" /
"unnecessarily".

In those instances, where Tideman's ranked pairs method
satisfies this desideratum and the Schulze method
violates this desideratum Mike Ossipoff will say that
the Schulze method _unnecessarily_ violates this
desideratum.

And in those instances, where Tideman's ranked pairs
method violates this desideratum and the Schulze method
satisfies this desideratum Mike Ossipoff will say that
the ranked pairs method _necessarily_ violates this
desideratum.

Markus Schulze