[EM] 1/r as a voting system.

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.Com
Sat Apr 16 01:19:30 PDT 2016

	⸘Howdy‽

	This is not a new idea.  It has much prior art.  Still, its mathematical properties are such that one should investigate it.  Before I continue, I stipulate that I have another idea, but this is important for expressing that idea, so list this 1stly:

	1/r where r is rank.  Umm the votes.  Those for whom one supports receive positive rs; while those whom one rejects, receives negative votes.  It could work thus:

Alpha:
	-1/6

Bravo:
	+½

Charlie:
	+1/1

Delta:
	-⅓

Echo:
	-1/7

Foxtrot:
	-1/1

Golf:
	+1/6

Hotel:
	+⅓

India:
	-1/9

Juliet:
	-⅛

Kilo:
	+1/7

Mike:
	+1/1

November:
	-¼

Oscar:
	+¼

Papa:
	-⅛

Quebec:

	+⅛

Romeo:
	+1/9

	For making the mathematics easier, multiply the numbers by 2,520, which is the least common multiple of all natural numbers up to 9.  The voters need only give positive and negative ranks up to an absolute value of |9|:

	-5 means -1/5 which is -504.  We can limit the range of ranks to single-digit numbers because the reason for an extended range is burying bad candidates like Hitler & Stalin, but we allow negative ratings, so this is unnecessary.

	We allow equal rankings, but require consecutive rankings and starting these consecutive ratings at |1/1|.  This is a sanity-rule (ranking everyone either +9 (+1/9 (+280)) or -9 (-1/9 (-280)) would weaken one’s vote to the point that one might as well not have voted at all).

	¡Peace!

--

	“⸘Ŭalabio‽” <Walabio at MacOSX.Com>

Skype:
	Walabio

An IntactWiki:
	http://intactwiki.org

	“You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.”
	——
	Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan