[EM] Approval seeded by MinGS (etrw)

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Mon Jun 1 19:10:20 PDT 2015

Chris,

it is interesting to me that IA-MMPO (implicit approval minus max pairwise
opposition) gives the same results as Approval Seeded by MinGS (etrw) in
the four examples that you offered:

> 46 A
> 44 B>C
> 10 C

 The respective IA-MPO scores for A, B, and C are  46-54, 44-46, and 54-46,
the only positive one.

> 46 A
> 44 B>C  (sincere might be B or B>A)
> 05 C>A
> 05 C>B

The respective IA-MPO scores are  51-54, 49-51, and 54-46, again the only
positive one.

46 A>C
> 10 B>A
> 10 B>C
> 34 B=C

The respective IA-MPO scores are  56-54, 54-46, and 90-56. C wins again.

> 40 A>C
> 15 B>A
> 20 B
> 15 C>A
> 10 C

The respective scores are 70-35, 35-65, and 65-55.  This time A wins with
an IA-MPO score of 35 compared to C's 10.

This IA-MPO method does satisfy the FBC, but is not chicken proof.
However, small defensive moves can thwart chicken threats.

It seems like I might have suggested IA-MPO before, but we were trying for
something fancier at the time.

Forest