[EM] Extent of quota violation in Webster

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Mon Jan 5 14:57:36 PST 2015

It's well known that Webster may violate quota. But (because of my
investigations into more sophisticated "manageable" party list methods),
I'm curious as to how far from quota it can go.

Does anyone know how severe a quota violation Webster can have? Is it
limited to one seat maximum due to the locally optimal allocation
property of Webster itself - i.e. that you can't alter a single
assignment and make everybody better off? Or can Webster violate quota
to a greater extent than this?