[EM] Approval ballots. Two to elect. Best method? (Andy Jennings)

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Dec 3 14:48:34 PST 2015

I'll try to explain the Toby transformation in the five minutes remaining
on my account:

Let ballot B be a range style ballot with scores in the range between zero
and 100 inclusive.

For each k between zero and 99 (including zero and 99) we form an approval
ballot B_k that approves all of the candidates rated above k by ballot B.

This gives us 100 approval ballots to use in place of ballot B.

Do this for every ballot B in the set of ballots, and give them equal
weight, say 1/100 if you are worried about the "one man one vote" fanatics.

To be continued ...