[EM] Approval ballots. Two to elect. Best method? (Andy Jennings)

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Dec 3 13:44:32 PST 2015

Continuing as promised ..

Suppose that there are to be w winners, and the ballots are still approval
style:

For each w_tuple of candidates, let p1, p2, ... be the respective
probabilities of selection of the respective candidate by random ballot
(restricted to the w-tuple), and let p0 be the probability that a random
ballot would not approve any of the candidates in the w-tuple.

Elect the w-tuple with the largest value of  min(p1, p2, ...) - p0.

To Be Continued ...