[EM] Multi-winner Approval (was Re: New Hugo (Science Fiction Award) voting method)

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 23:13:30 PDT 2015

For one thing, EPH isn't about electing representatives who have votes.
It's about choosing finalists for a prize.

So, the system you describe has good points. But it also has weaknesses:

1. Strong incentive to bullet vote.
2. Could elect some winners much weaker than others.
3. Hard to calculate/find winner.