[EM] New Hugo (Science Fiction Award) voting method

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Mon Aug 24 09:41:36 PDT 2015

On 08/24/2015 05:29 PM, mrouse1 at mrouse.com wrote:
> As an addendum, they are calling this method “single divisible vote with
> least popular elimination," which I haven't heard of before.

I haven't either; I think that "cumulative vote with elimination" or
"cumulative vote IRV" would have been an easier to understand term --
although not using the IRV name does have the benefit of denying FV
another source when claiming IRV use is widespread.

If I'd implement it in my voting simulator, it'd probably be called
"cumulative vote-elimination" or "cumulative voting-elimination" there,
but that might be too terse a name for other purposes :-)