[EM] Left-Middle-Right Example

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Sun May 25 15:06:19 PDT 2014

On 05/25/2014 09:55 AM, Juho Laatu wrote:
> On 24 May 2014, at 06:06, DNOW1 at aol.com <mailto:DNOW1 at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> IF a party gets a YES Droop Quota, then only the YES party ballots
>> involved should be looked at to determine which party candidates get
>> elected and their final voting powers in the legislative body.
>
> Are you familiar with the STV metod? (and its many variants) It does not
> have explicit YES markings but it uses the top preferences of a ranked
> vote as far as necessary. STV is proportional.

And from the Approval side, you have PAV. That method is also pretty
easy to describe: Each voter gets one point for having one of his
approved candidates elected, one plus a half for two, one plus a half
plus a third for three and so on. Pick the assembly that produces the
greatest total number of points.

(I would suggest a sequence of 1, 1/3, 1/5 and so on, but that's
nonstandard.)